Counting Blessings this Thanksgiving

Dava (my true bff), Brent, Kristen, Bradley, Lauren, Brooklyn, Collin, Macy, Jamie, Kyle,

a mom who raised me to know & love God, a dad who gave me tools for life, true brothers who would do anything for me, their wives and families who also follow Jesus, every single one of them, in-laws who loved me like their own,

cousins who challenged me, 4 very different grandparents, aunts who poured into me, uncles who helped me, often without knowing it,

the true honor of being a husband, father, grandfather, mentor, minister, leader and friend, 

mentors who believed in me, friends who I can still count on, Christians who truly prayed for me, leaders who truly led me, teachers who truly taught me, 

growing up in a nation of opportunity and freedom, the brave men, women and families of our military, and the price they have all paid,

opportunities to live, serve, learn and grow in places like Birmingham, Mobile, Huntsville, Enterprise, Chicagoland, Arkansas, Texas, and the many friends and memories gained there,

the privilege of doing what I love, planting 29:11, being a part of that family and their lives,

my awesome life with its bumps and bruises, mistakes and forgiveness, successes and failures, miracles, blessings, and opportunities, many of which still lie before me,

the innumerable joys and memories of traveling, golfing, skiing, canoeing, fishing, camping, hiking, riding, attending movies and concerts, working, playing, building, serving, loving, living and being with so many different and wonderful people created in God's image,

my God, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ who created me, saved me, rescued me more times than I can count, healed me often, provided for me constantly and made all the above a possibility and actuality!

Comments